Where can I find the vendor handbook?
How can I contact you with questions?
- (801) 448-6758
- (801) HIT-MRKT
Do I need a business license to sell at the People's Market?
How do I handle Utah State Sales Tax?
- On your first day at the market, we will issue you a unique sales tax form on behalf of the State of Utah. Save your form until the end of the season (October) and follow the instructions to pay taxes based on your total sales at People's Market for the entire season.
How large of an area do vendors get to sell?
- About 10 feet by 10 feet plus a little extra. If you have special needs, please contact us.
Do I need a food handler's permit?
- Maybe. If you are selling ready-to-eat food, prepared food like jams and cider, or giving out samples then, yes. If you are selling garden vegetables then, no.
What do I have to do to sell baked, prepared, or ready-to-eat food?
- Foods made primarily for consuption at the market are called "Prepared Foods" and there are lots of rules and regulations about these products. Government fees to sell prepared or ready to eat food may apply. We advise potential vendors consult the Salt Lake County Health Department, Food Protection Division regarding temporary events. More info can be found here: http://www.slchealth.org/programs/foodProtection/tempFoodBooths.html
- On-site cooking must also comply with regulations from the Salt Lake City Fire Department. In 2010 the Fire Depatment introduced more stringent regulations for fire extinguishers, cooking areas, fire retardant tents and more. Please contact us for more information.
What do I have to do to sell foods like cookies, bread, jams & pickles?
- Foods made primarily for consumption away from the market are called "Processed Foods." There are rules and regulations that govern these products when they are sold to the public. We advise potential vendors consult the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food, Food Compliance Division. There is special information for folks who sell foods at farmers markets.
Do I have to carry general liability insurance?
- We recommend you carry general liability insurance. To participate in the market you must indemnify the People's Market and its organizers from liability arising from your participation or products at the market.
Do I have to work or live within the zip codes listed?
What happens if it rains?
- The market will be held rain or shine. Please bring your own shelter. In Utah, if you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes...
Is the People's Market really held on Sunday?
- Yes, it will be held from mid-June to mid-October, 10am - 2pm.
Where are the International Peace Gardens?
- At Jordan Park in the heart of Salt Lake City: 1000 South 900 West in Salt Lake City, Utah. http://www.internationalpeacegardens.org/
Once I get there, where do I park?
- Vendors can park in the Vendor Loading Zone on the North side of the market area while they unload their vehicles. Driving is not allowed on the grass. Once unloaded, vendors will move their cars to an ancillary parking area away from the center of the park. Once the market starts, we reserve the best parking for our customers.
Where do I set up?
- There are no reserved spaces. Vendors must check in at the People's Market booth every week for a space assignment. We will work hard to give you a placement where you prefer. Look for the market manager at the main People's Market booth.